Friday 24 January 2014

The Challenges of the Trend-Tex Challenge


Are you busy working on your Trend-Tex Challenge?  We sure hope so!   Some have already arrived.
While I was encouraging members to complete their Trend-Tex quilt because that is the second component of the fundraiser, our Director at Large, Laine Canivet facebooked some of her dilemmas with this challenge.

While it is not nice to laugh at others, Laine has made it so entertaining that you simply can't help but chuckle.

The conversation started with me asking the Regional Representatives how they were making out with their Trend-Tex Challenge.  Then Laine joined in.

Funny you should ask. I have had nothing but trouble. I have ended up having to

 paint all the white fabric to cover up the stain after trying bleach, unsuccessfully. Then I 

had to paint all the pink fabric to hide the bleach stains that seeped into it when I tried to

 fix the white. The last coat of paint is drying, as we speak.







You can see the line of white paint does not quite touch the pink fabric.

The pink paint on some of the pink fabric so it matches the well-painted pink fabric (not shown) that got inadvertently bleached. 


 doubt there will be anyone who has quite as many issues as Laine did with her Trend-

Tex Challenge! So please, if you have bought the fabric, whip up a creation and enter it in 

the Challenge.  There are 10 kits left and would love to sell out, so if you need one, let me know.


2 comments:

  1. Even though I forgot to use the blue fabric on the front the result is awesome! (in my humble opinion) and I hope everyone will have fun bidding on these creations at the silent auction in St. Catharines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great time for me to get the information about the Challenges of the Trend-Tex Challenge from this blog.
    Web Design Company | Website Development Company India

    ReplyDelete