Thursday 16 April 2015

So What are You Working on - Part 1

WOW - what an overwhelming response. We wanted to know what you were working on and you've shared some amazing projects and talent!

Spring is here - well maybe not for everyone. But spring fever is. And our quilters are hard at work whipping up new quilts and finishing off some started ones (aka UFO, PhP, WIP to name a few).
 

We will be featuring our quilters' pictures, with some of their comments:


Cindy Simpson


Cindy is working on a colour challenge (the peach square in the top left) for their first ever quilt show with the Cochrane QG (Alberta) - Sat. Oct. 17. Details will be available on CQA/ACC Events website.





 
Linda Schmidt







 Linda's current project.











Carol Magee

Carol  has 2 more rows to go.








Laura Coia









Laura is just finishing up this project.
'​N​eed to hand sew it closed and I'm done. 
I used Te​xture ​Magic to get the flower so puffy.'









 
Jaynie Himsl


Jaynie is working on her second  Flying Creek topographic map interpretation.
Cording made with embroidery floss and yarn are couched to a base.  12" x
24".

She says, "I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I'm excited to see what it's going to look like."









 
Shirley Jobson



 Shirley - 'A disappearing nine patch - very large queen (I think closer to King)
Practising my free-motion quilting.  Still set-in triangles and border to
quilt.'







 
Marg Conibear
 




Marg - 'Appliqué finished today. Blocks sewn together. Quilting next.'







 

 
Evelyn Smith






Evelyn - "This is my Piecemaker's 2003 Times and Seasons quilt that I'm making for my children. One for each. Hoping to have done by the end of the year. A huge endeavour but, I'm enjoying the journey."











Arja Speelman



Arja is still working on some Fall Leaves which are almost done. 
It is raw edged appliqued and quilted. Size: 23" X 23".
She is going to have it framed like a painting. 







Stay tuned for more quilts from our Canadian Quilters!

No comments:

Post a Comment